This page requires a cleanup to perform a higher standard of quality. This may include fixing photos, sections, templates, and overall content. When the page matches the guidelines set in the regulations and format, this template may be removed.
- "In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him or her to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv)."
- ―Order 65
Order 65 was the sixty-fifth contingency order out of 150 contingency plans. Each one was programmed into the chip that was planted in all clone troopers brains. Like all the contingency orders, when delivered to the clones, they were to be executed without hesitation. Despite memorizing the orders, if the chip was removed, for cases such as Fives, Rex, Gregor and Wolffe, they would execute the order or not on their own personal accord.
If the order was given, that would mean that the clones on planet, most likely Coruscant Guard or troopers on leave, would be tasked with removing the Chancellor out of office. If the Chancellor did not go willingly and put up a fight, he would be executed by the clone force tasked with it. The order, however, was never given.
The only time it was recorded ever being mentioned was by a 501st Legion unit around 21 BBY and Omega Squad members Atin and Corr holding a discussion with Jedi General Etain Tur-Mukan, who happened to be their sister-in-law in 19 BBY.
In 21 BBY, the 501st Legion went and fought with Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. The unit fought Durge and General Grievous, opening fire and disabling Durge, with General Grievous coming to provide back up. However, the clones, being such amazing shots, destroyed all of Grievous' limbs and left him there. While leaving, Rex asked his men if they were up to Orders 64 or 65.
In 19 BBY, Atin mentioned it, indirectly, stating they had so many crazy contingency's, everything from arresting the Chancellor to blowing key ally planets to slag (Unidentified Order).
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Star Wars Miniatures: the Clone Wars advertisement - Star Wars Insider 105
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars Miniatures: The Clone Wars advertisement - Star Wars Insider 105