- "Order Thirty-Seven has begun. Please report to your stations. Repeat: Order Thirty-Seven has begun."
- ―Imperial speaker on Bellasa
Order 37 was one of 150 contingency orders that all clones had been programmed to follow, due to the inhibitor chip inserted in their brain at birth. This particular order dealt with the capture of a single wanted individual through the mass arrest and threatened execution of a civilian population. Follow-up directives include scenarios for body disposal of civilian casualties and suppression of communications.
Order 37 was the thirty-seventh contingency order out of 150 contingency plans. Each one was programmed into the chip that was planted in all clone troopers brains. Like all the contingency orders, when delivered to the clones, they were to be executed without hesitation. Despite memorizing the orders, if the chip was removed, for cases such as Fives, Rex, Gregor and Wolffe, they would execute the order or not on their own personal accord.
The order's implications included using civilian hostages to bring a single fugitive in. It involved several suppressing local civilian populations, mass arrests, and civic lockdown. Following these, they would issue an ultimatum for the fugitive: if the local populace does not turn over said individual, all the arrestees will be executed. Though it was rare troops ever had to use this order as it was a last resort to capture the wanted individual(s).
The order was only documented being used once, in 18 BBY, where Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ferus Olin were attempting to escape Imperial patrols. This happened while Olin was in hiding on Bellassa in the city of Ussa. However, Kenobi believed that the clones would not honor their ultimatum and execute the prisoners anyways.
- The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission
- The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side
- ↑ Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side