|First Battle of Geonosis|
Confederacy of Independent Systems
| || |
1 Mandalorian warrior
1 Kaleesh cyborg General
8Assault battle droids
- "My first day as a member of the 501st... it was hot, sandy, chaotic and nothing at all like the simulations on Kamino. Of course that's pretty much the way it was for all of us, wasn't it? All that breeding, all those years of training... it doesn't really prepare you for the all the screaming, all the blood, does it? Frankly I'm still amazed we ever made it past the first hour, nevermind the first day."
- ―Retired clone trooper
The Battle of Geonosis, also referred to as the First Battle of Geonosis, was the first major battle fought between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems and the debut battle of the Clone Wars.
In the arena, the Geonosians held Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Commander Anakin Skywalker and Senator Padme Amidala for execution. In the crowds were 200 Jedi Masters and Padawans. In the initial battle in the arena, many Jedi were lost, until it was down to a little over a dozen. The Jedi were surrounded by droids until the clone troopers arrived, alongside Jedi General Yoda. Upon landing, the clones evacuated the Jedi, losing a few men in the arena.
- "If Dooku escapes, rally more systems to his cause, he will."
Following the arena battle, the clones and Jedi fought outside, in the desolate wasteland of Geonosis' desert. Minutes after the arena, there were clone troopers fighting battle droids with both sides suffering heavy casualties. A gunship was shot down, taking two Jedi out of the fight briefly, and killing Jedi General Trantos Gon. Commander Ponds assembled 5 commando units and was able to inform Jedi General Mace Windu when he landed.
During the battle, CT-1226's regiment was deployed and attacked by Separatist forces. A Republic walker fired towards the droids attacking them, which knocked CT-1226 into the crater it created. CT-1226 stayed low. As he watched, a Super Battle Droid swatted droids out of the way and began to target one of the Republic's walkers. CT-1226 sabotaged the droid with an EMP, sending the missile into a Hailfire droid instead. Soon afterwards, the clone was helped into the walker, where he was able to rest.
Battalion Commander CRC-09/571 participated in the battle as one of the Airborne Infantry and led the frontal assault on the Separatist Core Ships. At another point of the battle, Commander Deviss led K Company, a division of Hawkbat Battalion, who were ordered into the direct line of fire of Spider Droids. Deviss' quick reactions saved the Battalion as well as two critically injured troopers. ARC trooper Jangotat also provided heroic actions, annihilating a Hailfire droid and saving his unit.
Several clone commandos fought in the battle, including Delta, Theta, Lambda, Prudii, Teroch, Gamma, Aiwha-3, and Bravo. Over the course of the battle, Lambda, Theta, Prudii, Teroch, Gamma and Aiwha-3 Squads lost all of their members but one. Delta, however, was able to sustain all of their members and were able to complete their mission, executing Sun Fac and destroying a Core Ship.
The 501st Legion was sent in to take Checkpoint Alpha. Several varieties of troops were sent in, to complete the task. General Windu arrived to assist and, with his assistance, the 501st were able to take the Checkpoint.
The clones of the Republic were able to win the day, but at a cost. Several of them, felt as though their brother's deaths were meaningless. The loss of the commandos hit the survivors hard, and especially their training sergeants. Many of the several commandos and their training sergeants reflected on the poor choices of sending commandos in on a ground assault. Even some Jedi thought that by bombing the arena, they could have prevented a war and the deaths of millions.
The battle sparked the Clone Wars, with Dooku and General Grievous leading the Separatist forces. Boba Fett, the cloned son of Jango Fett, buried his father who died on the planet.
After the battle, CT-1226 was awarded a medal at the insistence of Republic Generals.
5 days after the battle, the Null ARC troopers - Ordo, Mereel, Jaing, Kom'rk, Prudii, and A'den - were scheduled for chilldown, when they overtook the Arca Company Barracks on Coruscant, which required several commando units to be called. However, the situation would be resolved peacefully.
Two years after the battle, a monument was made, with the names of all the clone troopers 
- A'den (Null-ARC sergeant)
- Atin (Commando)
- Boss (Commando sergeant)
- CC-01/425 (Advisor, assisted Delta Squad in Gunship Harken)
- CRC-09/571 (Regimental commander)
- Cut Lawquane
- Darman (Commando)
- Deviss (Commander)
- Fi (Commando)
- Fixer (Commando)
- Jag (Commander)
- Jaing (Null-ARC lieutenant)
- Jangotat (ARC captain)
- Jez (Commando)
- Kom'rk (Null-ARC lieutenant)
- Mereel (Null-ARC lieutenant)
- Niner (Commando sergeant)
- Ordo (Null-ARC captain)
- Ponds (Commander)
- Prudii (Null-ARC lieutenant)
- Sev (Commando)
- Scorch (Commando)
- Stoker (Commando)
- Ram (Commando)
- Rex (Captain)
- DD (Commando)
- Jay (Commando)
- O-Four (Commando)
- Sev (Commando)
- Taler (Commando sergeant)
- Vin (Commando)
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Star Wars: Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- ↑ 8.00 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.05 8.06 8.07 8.08 8.09 8.10 Star Wars: Republic Commando
- ↑ 9.00 9.01 9.02 9.03 9.04 9.05 9.06 9.07 9.08 9.09 9.10 9.11 9.12 9.13 9.14 9.15 Republic Commando: Hard Contact
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars (video game)
- ↑  AT-TE Walker 23X
- ↑  AT-TE Walker 71E
- ↑ [starship v19torrent] in the Databank ([V-19 Torrent starfighter backup link])
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Shatterpoint
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 The Cestus Deception
- ↑ Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- ↑ The monument at the center of the...
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 22.3 22.4 22.5 22.6 22.7 22.8 Republic Commando: True Colors
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy (Decoded)"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids (Decoded)"
- ↑ Clone Commander Ponds - Info, Pictures, and Videos