|Attack on a Republic troop transport|
Eventually the Battle of Christophsis
Confederacy of Independent Systems
| || |
The transport and all clone troopers save for Cut
- "Shortly after the Battle of Geonosis, our troop transport got caught between two Separatist gunships. They fired at us with everything they had. We crashed. Most of us were either dead or severely injured. When they started going through the wounded, killing us off, I knew there was no hope. I ran. It still haunts me."
- ―Cut Lawquane, giving Captain Rex his backstory
Shortly after the First Battle of Geonosis, a pair of Confederate gunships ambushed a Republic troop transport, causing the gunship to crash on the unknown planet's surface.
Shortly after surviving the First Battle of Geonosis, the Republic troop transport was caught between two Separatist gunships, most likely HMP droid gunships. The two gunships fired everything they had at the troop transport, which resulted in it's crash.
Once they crashed, the several of the clones were severely injured or KIA. The gunships landed, and began killing the clones off. However, they were unsuccessful in killing them all, as Cut managed to escape the carnage.
- 2 Separatist gunships
- The HMP droid gunships were not confirmed to have been apart of the battle. However, there were no other Separatist gunships in the Separatist army or navy, it can be safely assumed that the HMP was the gunship used.
- There were several troop transports used throughout the Republic garrison. However, it was most likely one of the following simply a Republic Troop Transport, also deployed at the Battle of Rhen Var. They carried 12 clone troopers, plus the the pilot and gunner.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The only Separatist gunships were the HMP droid gunships, at least the only known gunships. Therefore, it is safe to assume the HMP gunships were what shot the troop transport down.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- ↑ @pablohidalgo (Pablo Hidalgo) on Twitter: "They are not Cut's children, biologically, but they did have a human father. [...] It wasn't said, but it was part of their character design."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Republic Troop Transport is most likely what they used, as that is all Cut revealed. See Republic Troop Transport on Wookieepedia for more information.